Virginia Absentee Ballot Application
You can also apply to vote absentee as early as one year before the election. Ballots are available 45 days before most elections. The deadline for receipt of your application to vote absentee by mail is 5:00 PM the Tuesday before the election. You can contact the State Board of Elections at 800-552-9745 or email@example.com.
Click here for online Absentee Ballot Registration at Virginia.gov.
- Deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration, for the November 7, 2017 General Election is Monday, October 16, 2017
- Deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you is 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 31, 2017. Your request must be received by your Registrar by 5:00 p.m.
It only takes a couple minutes to sign up for an absentee ballot!
Then vote from the convenience of your home. No more rushing from work to the polls. No more waiting in long lines at the polls.
Some Allowed Reasons to Sign up for an Absentee Ballot
- Commute to a different city/county
- Work/commute more than 11 hours
- Out of Town on Election Day
- First Responder
- Confined, awaiting trial
- Student away at college
- See other reasons here